Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It almost worked

For the past few days, I have been trying figure out how to get NyCee to go to sleep without me holding her and giving her the bottle at night. I laid her in the bed with the bottle and walked out of the room. I thought that it was working until I heard her wailing shortly after.

I have never had a problem with NyCee sleeping through the night. She may wake up once or twice if she is wet but then will go right back to sleep. Now, I just have win the challenge of putting her in the bed without holding her.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will work if you stop going in to pick her up when she cries. She knows that if she cries, you will come in and pick her up. If she is fed, dry and not sick, let her cry...she will fall asleep. You are suppose to be in control - not her.

Undomestic said...

Oh, this is such a tough one. Cameron and Max used to cry and get themselves worked up so much they'd vomit. I'm embarassed to say that I let Cameron take a bottle of water with him to bed until he was 2 1/2...then I lost the bottle...and all was fine. Max I had to switch to a pacifier at night because of his ears...giving a bottle while he was lying down allowed drainage into his ears. Then when we lost it, it was gone. But i still struggle with getting him to sleep. And Ella, well she was textbook. I layed her down when she was tired, and she just slept. Never needed a bottle or pacifier. So far with her, so good. All kids are different. Not much help...but good luck!