Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So there's more...

So I told the tale that I drove all the way to the library and it was closed. That was coupled with my daughter's upset stummy (stomach and tummy combined), and the mountain of school work that I have to complete this week as been some what overwhelming.

Today, I got up and drove to the community college library. Only to find that it was closed. I drove to the university library--you guessed it--closed. Finally, I called a friend to find a library in the vicinity of where I was. After passing it several times, I finally found it. I go inside and find a quiet work area. So I think.

I am immediately surrounded by talking teens and tweens who do not respect the sign that clearly reads, "Reading and Ringing do not mix." I have to listen to both ends of the cell conversation because the phone is so loud coupled with the sucking and crunching of a lollipop.

I decided to give the girl a private moment to finish her conversation and go to the reference desk for help for my research project. The reference librarian told me that I would not find the information that I need in a public library as it is not tailored toward college academia. Am I being punk'd?

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

What kind of info are you looking for? Is it in journals? Through my library system online, I can obtain actual journal articles through the computer/internet, instead of having to go all the way to the library to look them up. Check with your library on this. Sometimes it's listed under e-journals on the library website.