Saturday, August 15, 2009

Buzz

Little Fred aka Tyler, had his 1st hair cut today. He was about 5 months overdue. Part of that is because I wanted my dad to take him to get his first hair cut. Because we were not able to travel back east on the 2 different occasions we tried, I went ahead and took him to the barber shop this morning.

I met Shawn, the barber, through a co-worker named Greg. What's funny is when I showed up a the shop, there were two (2) other people from my office there as well.

Shawn was very kind and talked with Tyler while he was cutting his hair. The shop is named, Christian Cuts with a sign that reads, "No profanity, swearing, cussing, or whatever you call it - don't do it." I like that.

Shawn explained how all mothers like their sons' soft curls and have a hard time with the first cut. (Tyler had to get his hair cut because Olivia cut out two patches of hair last week.) He also explained the natural shape of Tyler's hair and told me how to brush it.

I scheduled Tyler's next hair cut for September. I told Shawn we will stay with him until he moves on to do other things. Tyler was a little irritated at first but then he calmed down.

NyCee did a great job waiting patiently in the chairs during Bubba's hair cut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a little man. I love it.

Allie

Tarisa said...

I agree with the other comment...he looks like such a big boy. YOU GO TY!!!