Sunday, August 09, 2009

Weekend

My friend Carole had to go out of town for the weekend on business. She asked if I would watch her six year old daughter Megan. Sure, why not? I already have two (2) kids, adding one more is no biggie deal. Well, of course, I had to include Olivia in the fun for the weekend. So Friday night, I picked up my kids and Olivia after work. Carole dropped of Megan and the party began.

After bath and before movie time, the girls had an evening treat. Peanut butter cookies and milk. (You have to love the toast.)

After nearly an hour of giggling, they finally fell asleep at 1100p. Megan was the first to give in to sleep. I think that is because she is in first grade and therefore does not have a nap time at school.

Tyler began running from all the estrogen. The girls kept trying to pick him up and carry him around. You constantly heard, "Come here Bubba. Let's play Bubba. Bubba, follow me."
The day started at 547a. Yes, you read correctly - 547a! All four (4) kids woke up at the same time. So I said, okay, let's do this! They wanted to get up that early, it was up and poppin'. After breakfast, we went to Bounce U. It's an indoor play area with inflatable bouncy toys.


Tyler was too little to get inside the bouncy house. But he had a blast playing with the balloons.

But surely, that could not be it. I mean, we were only at Bounce U for an hour and a half. It was only 930a. 2 hours until nap time. Onto the park. So I loaded the kids into the car and off we went. The park was only about 7 minutes from Bounce U.




At the park, they played on the equipment and of course at the splash pad area. Over all, it was a good weekend. Everyone behaved very well. The hardest part of the weekend was getting in and out of the car with four (4) kids in 100 degree weather. I was even brave enough to venture to Wal-mart and the Dollar Store with all four (4) kids.

Olivia left the group on Saturday night. Before church, everyone had to have baths because there were wood chips (from the play ground) and sweat mixed with sun screen lotion in unmentionable places.

Normally, I don't leave the kids at date night but I needed a couple of hours of therapy.

No comments: