Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Aspirations

Today, my daughter woke us up with her cries of wetness and hunger at about 6 am. I am truly blessed, in that, my daughter has slept through the night since she came home from the hospital. We put her to bed at around 11:30 p.m. and she will sleep until 6:00 a.m. BLESSED! BLESSED! BLESSED!

Well this morning during her bath she had a runny nose so I immediately sought the infant nasal aspirator. Think about this. Someone invented a device that has a pointed end designed for the sole purpose of removing mucus from an infant's nasal cavity. I gently tried to explain to my 10 week old daughter that this was necessary to aid in her breathing. However, she did not understand and began to scream at the top of her lungs. Women will appreciate this next statement. I believe this device was designed by the same individual who invented the cold metal object used during a yearly examination. Just cruel and unusual punishment. Definitely a violation of our nation's constitution.




I kept sticking the device in her nose in an effort to clear her passages. With each insertion, she screamed louder. Finally, relief came when the last of the mucus cleared her nose. Bless her little heart. She is being a trooper while I learn the ins and outs of motherhood.

3 comments:

Just Me said...

I think you have a knack for this blogging stuff.
Mama

Undomestic said...

I call it the "booger sucker" and I actually get a great sense of satisfaction when I can actually get the boogers out. So far, Ella doesn't mind it too much. I don't even try it on Max (although he could certainly use it). He practically shudders and panics with fears as soon as I threaten him with it.

And I'm SO jealous with the whole sleeping situation you're in. My kids tag team getting up at night, and still are up bright and early, often before 6AM!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»