Monday, May 29, 2006

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

Imagine if you will a trip to your doctor's office. You make an appointment for your yearly examination and arrive at the office according to your appointment time. You complete the paperwork and calmly wait for the nurse to call you back to the exam room. Most women know that whenever you go to the doctor's office you must provide a urine sample. I complied with the request and placed the cup in the service window in the bathroom.

Shortly after, the nurse directs me into the doctor's office. Not the exam room--the doctor's physical office. He sits at his desk and begins to read my chart and our conversation goes like this:

Dr: So it looks like you are due in April.
Dayna: Uh, due for what?
Dr: You're pregnant.
Dayna: Well how did that happen?
Dr: You don't know how it happened?
Dayna: I mean I know HOW it happened. But I don't know how it happened. I only missed one ortho erva patch.

I left the office with a packet of information regarding pregnancy progress, magazines on parenting, and an extremely confused look on my face. Nonetheless, I shared the wonderful news with my husband who was gleeful and giddy for days and weeks to come.

Everyone was very excited--my mom, sisters, nephews and niece. My father was concerned with the due date rather than the annoucement.(For you math wizards out there-- she was born at 38 weeks)

My pregnancy progessed well and Lewis and I debated about the due date. I insisted that the baby would be born in April and he insisted that she would be born in March. We had five dollars riding on this bet. With no help on winning my bet from my midwife, Taylor LaNyse entered the world on March 20, 2006 at 2355 hours. Needless to say, I lost my five dollars but gained a wonderful addition to our family. Do you honestly think that I am going to give Lewis five dollars? I am still waiting for my midwife to give it to me. Really this is all her fault. I could have waited until April but she wanted to meet her little baby.

5 comments:

Undomestic said...

I'm so excited you have a blog!!! I'll be adding you to my links if that's okay.

Yea, that whole missing birth control thing can through you off. With Ella, I was out of town and forgot my pills. I took them when I returned home, and since I was still nursing, I had never gotten my period. Only my constant peeing and sudden fatigue led me to get a pregnancy test. I was 6 weeks along when I found out.

A surprise was my Miss Ella, but a wonderful one she has turned out to be!

Just Me said...

Funny story! (lol) One that most mothers can relate to. I love your pictures and can't wait to see more. Kiss grandma's baby for me and email your travel plans. I'm trying to get the bowlers in the family together so Lewis can really enjoy the competition and get to know them a little better. He'll probably want to bring his balls and shoes.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»