Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Child's Encouragement

I received news yet again, that I was rejected for a job opportunity. This one was followed by an actual interview rather than the rejection emails that have started to pile up. After bath time, I was sitting on the bed with Tyler and tears just starting streaming down my face. I do not cry in front of NyCee as I do not want to upset her. It is not her fault that I am in this position.

The room was fairly dark so I thought letting the tears falls would be okay because she wouldn't see them. I was mistaken. Instead, she looked at me so innocently and said, "Don't cry mommy. I kiss it. All better? No worries, Mommy. "

Lately, I have been saying "No worries" as a response to nearly everything. So I know that she picked that up from me. She actually used it in the correct context. I just smiled and told her mommy was okay.

As usual, I cried my tears, wiped my face, and will get up tomorrow and face yet another day. I will keep sending out resumes. A door will open for me soon. I have to believe that. I refuse to think or speak anything negative. I know the realities of the economic state of our country. But I am choosing to believe in the economic state of the God of the universe.

No comments: