Sunday, July 13, 2008

Same parents; Different children

I have always heard the saying, "Every child is different" but I am truly experiencing it first hand. There are things that Ty likes that Taylor couldn't stand. For example, the swing in the picture below. Tyler loves the swing and will sleep in it. Taylor wouldn't have anything to do with the swing.



At six weeks, it was easy to put NyCee on the bottle and formula but Tyler fought it tooth and nail. This picture of him drinking out of the bottle was taken after hours of screaming on his part.


Additionally, he can not drink Enfamil with Lipil like NyCee did. After a week of him vomiting, the bright light illuminated and God spoke from heaven saying, "Give him the soy-based formula." DUH! (I know, after the first couple of vomit episodes I should have figured that out. But then again, I didn't know what the little red stick on the mailbox was for. So simplicity often eludes me.) It is amazing how different they are. Also, he did not like that bottle shown in the picture. I switched him to the Playtex drop-ins bottles. He likes those much better. Plus, they are so much easier to deal with.

I haven't quite figured out if he is allergic to the Enfamil yet or if his system needs to adjust to the change. Either way, I am constantly noticing differences between them every day.

No comments: