Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My First Day

I reported for work this morning and it was a very good day. Everyone is so nice and friendly. They even appear to enjoy their jobs.

I was very comfortable today. I did not have those awkward first day moments. The environment is so neat and clean. My desk is very comfortable and every one in the office as a view from his/her desk. The company designed the buiding and interior layout to provide a gorgeous view no matter where the desk is located. This is the view from my desk:



I do not like the work hours of 8-5p. I am assigned to the region covering the midwest, south and north east. Therefore, I have to work until 5p to accomodate for the time difference. I was driving like a mad woman trying to get to the daycare before 6p. I really do not want to switch the kids to another facility as they are very comfortable there. I will try to find an alternate route to get there in about 30 minutes.

All in all, it was a great first day. Also, everything is online. The company seems to work hard at maintaining a level of excellence to ensure things function as they ought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took the job. Good for you. Stay encouraged, the daycare thing will work itself out, but remember children have great resilience, they adjust easily, so if you have to move them, do. Glad you got to visit with Ida. Work hard, but remember to take tine to smell the roses. All work and no play...
love Auntie roz

Anonymous said...

I am glad fo you. God is so good to his children.

G-Dad

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! The Lord always takes care of his children.

Love Allie