Monday, November 24, 2008

Progressive Blessings

Well, today marks my second week of working full-time. As I was thinking about my journey these past few months, I realized that a progression of blessings occurred every 30 days since moving back to Phoenix.

08/18: Moved to Phoenix,

09/18: Starting working my week end part-time job,

10/20: Began training as a school bus driver,

11/18: Began working full-time job,

12/18: I will have a Master of Business Administration Degree.

Isn't that awesome? I have truly come to believe that it is all in how you perceive a situation. For example: the news reported the unemployment rate is up to 6%. Now initially, that appears to be unpleasant news. However, considering that is taking into account the entire country, that means 94% of the population is gainfully employed or sustaining themselves.

I used that example because your perception will shape your reality.

Last year this time I didn't know which way was up. My husband and I separated, I learned I was pregnant with Tyler, I had to live with my parents (in the frozen tundra of Michigan) and collect state assistance, I loss my home, credit, possessions, etc. But today, I do not look at my life through those eyes. Today, I have beautiful healthy children, on the verge of having two college degrees, an opportunity to pursue a PhD, two jobs that I enjoy (when there are people who can not get one job), I live where I want to live, I have a church home that I love, friends, family, a fully furnished home, no debt, a vehicle with no car payment. My God! I am so blessed. And actually I just learned that my employer offers a 75% discount off of tuition for a doctoral program. The problem is that my program is not offered. But I can get another Master's degree, if I so choose, for free!

My heartfelt prayer to God is that my journey will help someone else reach his/her destiny. It was hard some times. But God brought me through it. I am a much better mother, friend, employee, daughter, Christian because of my journey.


"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
James 1:2-4 The Message

No comments: