Saturday, November 29, 2008

Date Night

I called my grandparents in Alabama on Thanksgiving to check on them and extend Thanksgiving day greetings. At one point in the conversation, my granddad asked if I had anyone special in my life yet. I replied, "No, sir. Legally and morally, Lewis and I are still married even though we have been separated over a year." My grandfather was thinking about NyCee and Tyler and does not want a lot of men around them. I reassured him that was NOT an option. I will not parade different men in and out of my children's lives.

But it started me thinking about an actual date. If in fact I were to go on a date what would I do? I have an idea! I would invite him over to help me wash, dry, iron and fold the pile of laundry that just keeps growing!


The clothes on the chair are clean. The clothes on the couch are clean and in three piles. Each pile represents me, NyCee and Tyler. The pile of clothes on the floor has yet to make it to the washing machine. Oh, did I mention the clothes on the couch are from last week's laundry day?Now, if I could just find the time to iron and fold them, I would be happy has a little lark.

So my idea of a date night: dinner and laundry. Heck, I am willing to forego dinner if he would just help with the laundry.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm laughing at your laundry:) Try having fourteen people in your house with dirty clothes!

Loved the Christmas picture! You and the kids look wonderful. Precious was so excited to see it.

Soo...lost the envelope...could you email me your address??

Danielle