Tuesday, February 03, 2009

All That Remains

This license plate is all that remains of Smurfette: my 1995 Ford Explorer.


I was disappointed that the car could not be donated to the breast cancer foundation. Because the transmission was removed, the foundation would not accept the car. However, God always as a back-up plan. With the help of a friend, I was able to donate the car to a Christian organization. Something good resulted from my loss.

While in conversation with a friend, I said, "Smurfette was on life support and finally died." To which she replied, "Good! She's been in hospice for months!" HA!

The tow truck driver showed up at the transmission repair shop about 2 hours earlier than I had arranged. Thankfully, the gentleman that I had been working with was kind enough to remove the plate and released the vehicle even though I hadn't paid for the work yet. He trusted me to come in at 1:15p, as I had arranged, to pay the balance. And I did.

Initially, I was sad because I didn't get a picture of Smurfette before she was taken away. But I see God's hand in that as well. I am glad that she was picked up and I was not there. The explorer was a piece of my past. This year is all about moving forward in Christ Jesus.

So, what am I going to do about a new car? Well, I will do what King Jehoshaphat did: while surrounded by armies on three sides, he "set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah." 2 Chronicles 20:3 (Holman Christian Standard Bible).

"Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem in the LORD's temple before the new courtyard. He said:
LORD God of our ancestors, are You not the God who is in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand, and no one can stand against You. Are You not our God who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel and who gave it forever to the descendants of Abraham Your friend?"
2 Chronicles 20:5-7 (Holman Christian Standard Bible).

"This is what the LORD says: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's." 2 Chronicles 20: 15.

1 comment:

Mz Ida said...

Nana Ida : I will call my prayer partners and start a prayer chain for you ! & Start shouting the victory !