Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Ram in the Bush

And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.
Galatians 6:9 (Amplified Bible)

First, GOD ROCKS!!!! Okay, now that I have gotten that out! As you know, Smurfette has passed on to that great junkyard in the sky. But God is so faithful because I did not miss one day of work. Nor did she give out on the freeway or side of the road. I was never stranded with or without the kids. God is so faithful.

Yesterday, I went out to look for a new car. I called my dad from the dealership because I haven't purchased a new car in about five (5) years and I really needed his help. Initially, I looked at a Toyota Corolla but after some research my dad advised it was not worth the money. Plus, it was just too darn small.

But while at the dealership, not ONE salesperson acknowledged me. Even my dad commented about it because he had a good 30 or 40 minute conversation as I walked around the lot. So, I got in the car and left. I was determined to not return to that lot. I figured no one wanted my money.

Today after church, I arrived home and there was a message on the machine from a representative of the dealership. I thank her for the call but advised that I would not be returning to the location. She connected me to her supervisor.

I explained the situation to the supervisor and explained that I did not see anything that I wanted so I would look elsewhere. (I found a minivan at another dealership that I had planned to visit on Monday.) I explained this to the manager and he told me he would meet or beat the price of the vehicle that I wanted because he didn't have that model. So I made an appointment to go to the dealership and look at the minivan in stock.

The finance manager was waiting for me and was very kind. He apologized again for the poor service at the other dealership and showed me the minivan. I LOVED IT! It was better than the one I planned to drive the next day. The seats fold down into the floor creating a cargo space without actually removing the seats. Also, there is wood grain on the dashboard, CD and cassette (required for my MP3 connection), power everything, and more. The best part, I got it for $2,000 below sticker price and 2% off my interest rate! Now you understand why I started out with the statement GOD ROCKS!

In January, the heat stopped working in the explorer. So I just put blankets in the car and bundled up the kids. I wore my mittens and prayed all the way to work. In September (one of the hottest months of the year) the air stopped working. But even then, I would run errands early and return home.

God just keeps blessing me. I found a nanny for my children which cuts my monthly daycare expense in half. My car payment is actually very decent. God is so faithful.

Presenting, my 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Mini-Van, whose name is Fabulous,(really, did you expect anything else?):

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Hebrews 13:8 (New King James Version)

No comments: