Friday, February 13, 2009

Under the Knife

Tyler's surgery went better than expected. Well, that's not entirely true. I expected it to go very smoothly as I had been praying about it for weeks. But it was quick. He was such a big boy during the check-in process. All the nurses just cooed over him and spoke of how adorable he was.

After signing all the necessary documents, the nurse took him to the surgical area. Both doctors came out and spoke to me in a very polite and understanding manner.

I went to the lobby to get an iced coffee and danish. I returned to the waiting room, made a couple of phone calls, sat down to make a grocery list and the next then I know, the doctor is telling me the surgery went well.

Approximately 10 minutes later, I was paged to the recovery room. When I arrived, Tyler was awake and smiling. Several nurses commented about how well behaved he was.


He cried briefly when he saw me but I gave him a bottle of milk and the world was once again a wonderful place. He slept off and on throughout the day. But overall, he was a very good boy. He handled the surgery like a big fella!

No comments: