Monday, May 25, 2009

Enjoying Simplicity


Watching the kids play this afternoon was very interesting. Tyler is quite the boy trying to hold his ground. NyCee is careful when she plays with him until he pulls her hair then she gets mad and yells, "Mom, buddy pulled my hair." To which I reply, "Bubba, do not pull your sister's hair please."

We enjoyed a day of rest at home all day. It was great. NyCee woke up at dawn's early light but Tyler and I slept until about 8:00a. It was nice.

For the past several weeks, I have managed to keep my son from playing in the toliet. I am not sure why this is a facination for boys but it is. Today, he beat me to the punch. NyCee said, "I need to go potty." I replied, "Go potty." The bathroom door, as with all other doors, generally remain shut. Well, Tyler saw the door open and crawled at the chance to get to the bathroom.

When I walked in the bathroom to check on NyCee, what do my shocked eyes find: Tyler playing with the toliet water while NyCee is sitting on the toliet! Thankfully, she had not yet made a deposit. I asked NyCee why didn't she tell me buddy was playing in the toliet. She just smiled and laughed.

No comments: