Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pantsless

Many people have told me, "Every child is different" when I make comments about how Tyler is versus how NyCee was at this age. Tyler is busy and that is putting it mildly. Some times, I feel like all I say is, "Son, no. Son, stop. Bubba, don't touch." But lately, he has kicked it up a notch.

He likes to attempt to play in the toilet, open cabinets and drawers, throw the contents of said cabinet or drawer onto the floor, and then stand up and clap as if he did something good.

Now, in contrast to his sister, he actually sleeps in the crib. NyCee would have nothing to do with the crib. Tyler will play by himself with his toys, play with his feet, sing, whatever. But tonight, he was screaming his head off because he wanted another bottle of milk. Generally, I do not give in to him in the middle of a tantrum. The tantrum must pass and then he can get whatever he is wanting. I.e, cup of milk, toy, etc.

But tonight, I had some school work to finish and I am just tired so I poured another cup of milk and took it to the room. When I turned on the light, I see his pajama pants on the floor. I had to pause for a moment and try to figure out how his pants got off his bottom and onto floor. I asked NyCee if Bubba took off his pants, and she just laughed.

My son is 13 months old and figured out how to remove his pants, reach over the top of the crib and throw them onto the floor. What will he think of next?

Direct your children onto the right path and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Proverbs 22:6 (New Living Translation)

No comments: