Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Slight Change of Wording

NyCee has decided to change the words of the prayer she prays before eating her food:

"Open and shut them, open and shut them (motions with the hands),
Give a little clap, clap, clap."

"Open and shut them, open and shut them,
place them in your lap, lap, lap."


"Thank you God, Thank you God for our" (what should be food), NyCee has changed to fit whatever she is eating. So whenever she eats, it is "Thank you God for my granola bar or my fruit snacks or my chicken, greens beans, and pasta, or my chips, or my milk." You get the point.

Yesterday, she stopped in the middle and said, "Mommy, what's this?" Pointing to her dinner. I replied, "Sheppard's pie." "Thank you God, Thank you God for my Sheppard's pie."

And then continued with the song:
"All of us together, all of us together.
Thank you God, Thank you God
In Jesus Name we pray, AMEN!"


I envision Jesus cracking up laughing everytime she prays over her packet of fruit snacks.

Philippians 4:5-7 (New Living Translation)
5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus
.

No comments: