Friday, August 25, 2006

Home Sweet Home?

Well, all good things must come to an end. NyCee is all dressed up to go home to see daddy. I just love the little hat. I bought it for her at the swap meet. We checked our bags and passed through security with no problems. We had about an hour and half before our flight so we enjoyed a slice of pizza and watched the planes take off and land.

We finally landed at the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport. NyCee is excited to see daddy as she is wide awake now that the flight is over.

There is an old saying, "Home is where the heart is." If that is true, I should have stayed in Phoenix. I have never felt at home or at peace here in Atlanta and returning to it was so very hard. I nearly cried when the plane sped down the runway and lifted off in Phoenix because I don't know if I will ever return to the place where I am happiest and most content. For now, this is my life and there is nothing I can do to undo the poor choices which led to this place.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Dayna,
It has taken me almost 5 years to feel at home here in Minnesota. I've found that it's really not about the place, but about the friendships you make. I finally found a group of friends from my mom's group at church who have helped me call this place home...and now Melvin's thinking again about Houston. If we do move, it will be starting over..again. But I know his happiness is just as important as mine, and as long as we're not out in the middle of nowhere, I will adjust.