Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lewis' Toys

When Lewis and I met, he owned two vehicles (we still have both of them in addition to the cars that we actually drive). 1. is a Ford Explorer which we keep in the event that one of our cars "dies." Smurfette, as I have named her because she is blue, cranks up in all types of weather. The other is his sports car he named "Little Buddy."

The car is a classic. It is a 1990 Nissan 300ZX with whom he can not seem to part. He has had several offers on the car and debates back and forth about selling it. He even told one man, "My wife said that I can not sell it." Why am I to blame? At the time, I did not say that. Now, he is correct. I will not let him sell it because every time he thinks about selling it, he stands in the garage and starts to reminiscence about the times they've shared together and how he won the car in a bowling match. (True story) I told you he was a die-hard bowler. I do not have a key to the car and have only ridden in it once.

Next, shortly after we were married he bought "Big Boy." His 2002 Chevy Avalanche. The truck is very nice. He bought new tires and rims and for Christmas, I had a new stereo system installed to compliment the leather interior.

I drive a 2002 Nissan Altima which is comfortable for me and NyCee. Not to mention great on gas mileage. But when I drive the truck, I feel like I own the road. This is one toy that I do not mind him having.

When we moved into our first house, I owned a 52 inch wide screen television which of course was in our living room. When we moved, it was in the family room. Now she sits all alone in the bonus room which has not been used since we moved into this house. You probably noticed the top of an open box in the picture. Which confirms the uselessness of that room. Wait, it gets better.

Notice the down turned television on the love seat. Yes, the room never gets used and I still do not know why we kept that little television. Just another toy with which he can not part.

Most people place their wedding or family photo over the fireplace or even a piece of artwork. Not my Lewis. Why would he allow such decor when he can buy a 52 inch plasma HDTV and have it mounted there?

When I asked why we were purchasing, yet another television, and especially one to mount above the fireplace-the place I had reserved for our wedding photo, he replied, "I need to see the TV while I am eating." "Seriously, you are kidding, right?" I asked. Well, he was serious. He can watch TV while sitting at the table eating.

I must admit that his toys are nice. If you have had the opportunity to watch TV in the high definition mode--it is great. The pictures are so sharp and crisp. One can really tell the difference. I guess as long as women buy clothes, shoes and purses--men will buy big cars and electronics. The main difference is that I can enjoy the toys that he buys--mine are useless to him.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Oh, I love your last comment, so true. I do love Melvin's little theatre...and I did nothing for it...but just agree to have it...yoo hoo!!!

My parents just purchased a similar TV as the one Lewis bought...you're right..so crisp and clear!