Saturday, August 26, 2006

Motherhood changes things

When I found out I was pregnant many people told me how my life would change. My thoughts were of the time it would take me to get dressed, sharing food, lack of sleep etc. I had no idea that it would be this drastic.

Before NyCee, I had a collection of purses to match outfits and shoes. Below are just a few examples.

The first time that I traveled with her, I had a purse, laptop computer, stroller, car seat and a diaper bag. Too much stuff! I noticed that my cousin, who lives in Minnesota, carried a back pack and I often thought to myself, "Why?" But I never asked her. Well, I didn't need to ask her as I figured it out. This is my new purse. Yes a pink and gray back pack. It is so much more convenient than carrying a purse plus a diaper bag. I have all the things I need such as lotion, car keys, writing utensils, etc. And all the things that NyCee needs: diapers, wipes, change of clothes, etc.


Yes, that is a picture of a pink wallet. Come on, did you honestly expect an less of me? Okay so I have to carry a back pack as a purse but I can still accessorize.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Love the backpack!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

You ladies are so much more smarter than we were when we had babies! We did have sense enough to stop carrying purses and just carry the diaper bag, but a back pack would have been so much more convenient. And yes, girls they did have them way back then (smile).

Love, Auntie Nita

P.S.: Just like Auntie Roz I'm late reading your blogs, I just got back to work, I'm not on line at home yet. But I love your blogs! Nycee looks so cute in the pictures you post! Kiss her and Lewis and tell them both I said "hey" and I love you all.