Thursday, August 31, 2006

Finding her voice

A few months ago, I wrote about NyCee's "goo-goo's and ga-ga's" that she began letting out. Well, she has truly developed her voice. Her most recent idea is to release a blood-curdling, spine-tingling screech at the top of her lungs and then laugh when Lewis and I turn to look at her.

My first thought was, "Where did she get that from?" I thought perhaps one of the children at daycare did it and so she began to mimic the behavior. My thought quickly changed when I picked her up from daycare on Tuesday and the workers told me about the screech. I apologized profusely for neglecting to tell them or warn them I should say about NyCee's new discovery.

I am all for her singing praises to the Most High God along with the heavenly host, but I need for her to sing it in alto versus soprano. Her screech is enough to make a dog cry out for mercy.

No comments: