Friday, September 01, 2006

Less for More

Has anyone else noticed that we are paying more for less? I stopped at the gas station and went inside to purchase a candy bar. The candy bar was $1.23. I thought that was crazy. When I was a kid, $1.00 would buy tons of candy. Inflation! But this next thing really took the cake for me.

I was in Walmart buying a box of diapers (along with 1 million other things. Is anyone else like that? You go into the Walmart for one maybe two things and spend $100. I do that all the time. Anyway back to the story) As I was carrying the diapers, I noticed that the box was a little smaller but thought that maybe the manufacturer changed the packaging. It was not until I arrived home and saw the old box that I realized I had been duped. Take a look.

Old Box


New Box


Did you notice the difference? Probably not. The little girl, the ball, and overall packaging are the same. The quantity is different. The old box had 144 diapers and the new box as 104. They removed 40 diapers from the box. 40 DIAPERS! THAT IS A LOT OF DIAPERS. Yet, the price is the same. What is that about? If a baby is wearing number 3 diapers, he/she is still small and is no where near potty training. I am really upset with Huggies for removing 40 diapers from the box.

I know you are saying to yourself, "Why not buy a different brand where you'd get more for the money?" I do not like any other brand. She has been a Huggies baby since birth. I guess I will just have to suck it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet if you were to write to Huggies and explain your disappointment in them for removing 40 diapers they would probably send you something. Maybe you could get some coupons for free product. It wouldn't make up for removing 40 diapers, but it would give them a chance to make it up to a loyal consumer.