Saturday, September 02, 2006

When NyCee's Away Mommy and Daddy Play

The purpose of NyCee attending daycare is so that mommy will have the necessary quiet time to complete her classes, right? Okay, sure if you think that. I view it as a time that mommy and daddy can spend alone as well. Ever since her birth, we do not go out anywhere. So on Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Lewis & I decided to have lunch at the Golden Budda.


It is a restaurant where the food is prepared right in front of you.


Fried rice or stir fried vegetables, anyone? The food was okay but there is no better Chinese food than on Van Dyke and 7 mile in Detroit at Wings. If I could figure out a way to have my mother ship me a #7 combination plate (shrimp lo mien, shrimp fried rice and an egg roll all for $6.95)I would.


We enjoyed adult conversation with a couple who has been married 35 years. They relocated to Atlanta from Jackson, MS and did not like it either for the first 3-5 years. So I am not alone. Thank God. I do not know why so many people consider Atlanta to be the black Mecca. But of course, I told the stories of my great grand parents the late Mr. & Mrs. Sandy Porties who were married for 62 years and my grand parents Mr. & Mrs. Melvin L. Porties who were married 50 years.

On Friday, September 1, 2006, I decided to treat Lewis to a day of beauty and allow him to enter my sanctuary: The nail salon. (I guess technically he was treating himself since I do not have a source of income but it was the thought that counts.)

He really enjoyed the pedicure. It was not rush, rush, rush. The technicians in this facility take their time to allow you to relax and get the full effect of the massage chair and pedicure. They use sea salt scrubs and warm towels on your feet--DELIGHTFUL! Lewis commented later in the day, "I feel like I am walking on clouds." He was referring to how good his feet felt. Well, it didn't stop there.

Next, it was over to the manicure station.


Just one more reason why I like this facility they do not try to do everything at one time. He sat and conversed with the nail tech and really relaxed and enjoyed the moment. He did protest my picture taking but he has grown accustomed to it now that I do not work. It has become somewhat of a hobby.

Lewis has made me promise that we will get manicures and pedicures at least once a month. Of course I agreed. Just because I am a full-time student and stay-at-home mom does not mean that I must look like trash.

No comments: