Sunday, September 17, 2006

Look at those legs!

NyCee is the youngest great grandchild of the Melvin & Minnie Porties clan. (Sorry Ella you lost your spot.) On Saturday, my niece Taliyah had a pool party in celebration of her 8th birthday. Before attending the party, NyCee and I spent time with Grandaddy Melvin who was kind enough to drive from Detroit to Port Huron to Bar-B-Que his famous ribs.

He also surprised me with a pot of string beans. I know you are thinking, "What is so special about these string beans?" My grandfather makes string beans so good, it will make you want to slap yo momma! There is not one person who has ever tasted his string beans and not liked them. Grandaddy Melvin has only shared his recipe with my Aunt Nita. No one else knows how to make them. You just have to taste them to become a believer.

NyCee and I headed over to the pool party. Look at those legs!!!

She had a great time with her cousins. Her time in the pool was short lived as the water was a little too chilly and she began shaking.

Unlike most children, she did not cry when she got in the water. I did not expect her to. Remember, she loves the water as she splashes it all around my bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the swimming suit. It's just soooo cute. I am really enjoying having the two of you home.
Mama

Anonymous said...

she looks like she had a lot of fun. It was good to see a few faces also.

Anonymous said...

Sorry didn't put my name. Tarisa