Sunday, September 10, 2006

What's going on?

A few days ago, NyCee got her first cold. Nothing too bad--just watery eyes and a running nose. She is fine. But I got sick. So last night, I broke down and took 2 tablespoons of Tylenol Cold & Flu Severe. I told Lewis that the baby monitor was on as NyCee was asleep in her room and I knew that the medicine would make me sleepy. As it did.

Around 3:30 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of something spraying. I asked Lewis, "What's going on?" He said, "You stank!" I replied, "What are you talking about?" He told me that he had been awake for the past two hours and he could not sleep due to my flatulence. Okay, actually he said that I had been farting in my sleep and it was rough. I said, "I don't smell anything." He said, "Of course you don't your nose is stopped up!" I asked what was he spraying and he replied, "Air Freshener so that I can get some sleep." I told him that he was mean and he could sleep downstairs in the guest room. He asked, "Is that punishment? The air is fresher down there." I laughed because I thought that it was hysterical. He did not find it funny.

30 minutes later, NyCee woke up which is rare for her as she usually sleeps until about 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning. He brought her into our room and put her in the bed with us. As she was nursing, she then began to pass gas and Lewis exclaimed, "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" and rolled over and turned on the fan. I told him that he was being mean to us but he insisted that we were the mean ones for subjecting him to our flatulence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I hope you all feel better soon.
Love Mama