Wednesday, September 27, 2006

She's movin' on up

My little girl is getting so big so fast. I truly understand when people say, "Just yesterday, I took him/her to school for the first time--on their child's wedding day." There are days when it seems like I just brought NyCee home from the hospital.

She has grown so much so quickly that she has outgrown her infant carrier seat which connects to her stroller. It is so conveinent because it straps into the car and on top of the stroller. I did not have to deal with two separate items. When we went to Phoenix, my friend Angelo dogged me out becuase her feet were hanging off the bottom of the seat then. So what did I do? I used it again to go to Michigan in September. But I realized that I had to let it go. It really made me realize how big she is getting so fast. She meets the weight limitation as she only weighs 17 pounds. But she is 28 inches long. I know, she is going to be tall like her dad.

Yesterday, I broke down and removed the "big girl" car seat from the closet where it had been stored since I brought her home from the hospital. She was so tiny that the seat swallowed her up. Well, she fills it out nicely as she rode home from daycare in her seat.

I am so proud of her as she adjusts very easily to change. She gets that from her mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at that cutie!!! I love her hair, what does she have braids? She has come a long way from the "Natural" look. She is becoming such a big girl.