Friday, September 29, 2006

King of the Castle

Yesterday morning, this was the configuration of my family room. It was comfortable but made the room feel small and closed in.

As we were sitting watching television, I noticed how uncomfortable Lewis looked and that the room felt very claustrophobic. Between the furniture and NyCee's toys, I had to leave the room to change my mind.

(If you watched the television show Frasier, this story patterns his life with "The Chair.") Frasier's father moved in and brought this UGLY green upholstered chair with him. It did not match any of the decor. Since we were married, the house has always had my signature. Lewis' black leather furniture is in a room that no one uses--on purpose. But there is his pride and joy--his black leather rocking chair with matching foot stool.

This chair does not match anything in the family room. But I suggested that he bring the chair down stairs so that he can be comfortable watching his other pride and joy--the television mounted over the fireplace. My husband asks for very little and gives so much that I just had to let him have his space in the castle.

Albeit a small space, he seems content. He doesn't even mind sharing his space with the little princess of the palace.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Oh boy...that was VERY nice of you to let him have that chair in your family room. He owes you!