Tuesday, September 26, 2006

How is it possible?

How is it possible that I managed to lock myself out of the house this morning? It is rare that I use the front door to my house as I normally come in and out of the garage. If I use the front door, Lewis is generally with me because we are driving the truck somewhere.

Today, I walked out to the mailbox to place a few items in there for pick up and walked back to the door to find it locked. I thought to myself, "Self. Surely you did not lock the door." Well as I kept turning the knob and it wouldn't open, I realized that in fact I locked myself out.

I don't know how you open the door but I unlocked the bottom lock, turned the knob, and out of habit locked it back and closed the door. So of course, I had to ring the door bell.

What would most people do when they hear a door bell ring? Answer it or send someone to answer it. Well, I am outside and Lewis is upstairs. So I know that he is thinking, "Why doesn't she answer the door?" Well, I would if it wasn't me standing on the outside! He finally opened the door and just shook his head back and forth saying, "You are so goofy!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana, this never would've happened if Stephanie hadn't revealed the purpose of the red flag. You would've been in your automobile, on your way to the post office, through the garage. So, what have we learned here? It is all Stephanie's fault! :-)

Anonymous said...

Erika is right. This really is my friend Stephanie's fault. She is the one who told me the purpose of the little red stick, thus peaking my need to use it regularly. HA! HA!