Saturday, April 28, 2007

Graduation Day! Well, Sorta.

Today, I participated in the 2007 commencement ceremony for my undergraduate degree. The Georgia International Convention Center was filled with family and friends who came to support their loved ones in this auspicious occasion. It was very exciting to see all the graduates, from the various programs, donned in their caps and gowns celebrating their accomplishments. Cheers filled the air as the graduates crossed the stage.



I was recognized as a Magna Cum Laude graduate for my scholastic achievements. I will not complete my undergraduate studies until June but was allowed to participate in the commencement because it was held in Georgia and I only have the 2 classes remaining for the summer session.

My journey is not over. Listening to speakers and seeing all the graduates helped me to see that I can accomplish any goal that I set for myself. I am only limited by the limits I place on myself. This journey has been long and hard. Filled with disappointments, trials, ups and downs, but at the end of the day--God gave me the strength to see the race to the end.

To everyone, who prayed for me, cried with me, listened as I fussed and cussed--Thank you! No words can express my gratitude. Stick around for the best is yet to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Big Sis!!! I know the road was hard but you made it...FINALLY (LOL)


I love you and "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

Undomestic said...

WONDERFUL!!!!

And you look so lovely!!!!

So proud of you!

As I'm looking at all my blogs, I really need to be doing my grad project due this week so I too can don a cap and gown! Better get going!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dayna! That is an awesome achievement! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!