Thursday, April 19, 2007

Valley Virgin No More


I finally convinced my husband to make a trip to the valley of the sun--Phoenix, AZ. Of course, he thought the plane ride was long (it's about 4 hours from east to west) but he had people around him to talk to. He met a pilot and they literally talked for nearly 4 hours.

Upon landing, he noticed the mountains and the sun was setting on the horizon. He commented about how serene and peaceful it looks from the sky. He admired the mountains and of course the cactus. He is a long way from home but he seems to be enjoying himself thus far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Lewis commented on the mountains also. Who knew there were mountains in the desert?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize how much Phoenix looks like Mexicio. You're right, I might actually like it there too. It's at least worth a visit. If my dream of living in Mexico never comes to pass, I always have Phoenix as a fall back.