Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oops!

There are times when routine is a problem. Case in point:

Yesterday, I stopped to put gas into the truck. For whatever reason, the machine would not accept my debit card. So I had to go to the window and pay for the gas.

I returned to my vehicle, pumped the gas, got back in the car and pulled away.

I arrived at church, exited the vehicle and noticed the gas door was still open. I looked on top of the truck and the gas cap was missing.

My normal routine is to unscrew the gas cap, sit it on top of the truck, pump the gas and while I am waiting for the receipt to print, I secure the gas cap in place.

Because I had to divert from the routine, my sequence of steps were out of order. Thus resulting in the need for me to stop, after I picked up the kids from daycare, at the auto parts store to replace the gas cap.

Okay, so really I can try and blame it on routine but in reality, I should have doubled checked to be sure the cap was on. Needless to say, that will not happen again.

No comments: