Thursday, January 08, 2009

Un-fabulous report

I arrived at daycare to pick up the kids after work. One of NyCee's teachers asked if I had spoken with the other teacher. I replied, "No, I have not." Immediately, I am not pleased with that question.

In speaking with the "lead" teacher, I learned that NyCee decided to turn up her nose, stick out her tongue, and defy the teacher's instructions. Now, I am definitely NOT pleased.

Under no circumstances do I allow tantrums, sassy talk, or disrespectful behavior. I had to refrain from laying my hands on her in the director's office.

NyCee apologized to her teacher and I explained my position and that I support a time-out for the exhibited behaviors.

When we arrived home and I was getting NyCee out of the truck, she looked up and said, "I am sorry mommy for school." I thanked her for apologizing and reminded her of my expectations.

I was mortified to have to speak to the teacher about my child's behavior. This is not a situation to be repeated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to think she is only 2!!! Her first day in the Principles office. LOL...

Anonymous said...

Dayna!

Chill out! She knows the rules and will probably never do THAT again, but be assured she will try something else sooner or later, just to keep you on your toes! Be strong!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita