Friday, January 30, 2009

To God Be the Glory

The deal for a new mini van did not pan out.

The transmission is kerplunky on my truck.

I don't know what I am going to do. But I know that God has provided for me and my children all this time. He knows that I have to go to work. He knows that I need a car to do that. Because He parted a sea and the Israelites crossed on dry land and then closed the sea which drowned their enemies, He will provide transportation for me. And when He does, it will be in such a way that only He gets the glory!


So I'm not giving up. How could I! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on me, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for me. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (The Message)

No comments: