Sunday, March 29, 2009

Free Fuel

Approximately two weeks I purchased a gift card at the grocery store near my house. Because I didn't plan to use it immediately, I threw it in my purse and went on my merry way.

Last week, I attempted to use the card and quickly realized it was not properly activated. Generally, I keep all receipts for a given period of time before throwing it in the trash. Of course I didn't follow that pattern this time around. I have the original sale receipt but not the activation receipt.

After all attempts to receive service at the store failed, I called customer service. The agent who accepted my call was very kind and understanding. He was unable to locate the transaction and advised me to fax the information to the number he provided.

As a gesture of good will, the representative advised I would receive $2.00 off my next gas purchase. (The company is still researching the sale of the gift card. I said, "Okay" and interpreted that to mean I would receive $.10 off a gallon.

I generally fill up the tank on Fridays for the following week. When I pulled up to the pump and inserted my "savings card" the sign read, Dayna Thompson your fuel discount is $2.00 off per gallon!" I received a full tank of gas absolutely free! How wonderful!?!?! That was quite the blessing!

Cast your bread upon the waters,
For you will find it after many days.

Ecclesiastes 11:1 (New King James Version)

1 comment:

Mz Ida said...

Nana Ida says " Yeeeha " :-)