Saturday, March 07, 2009

Two Things

1. Because of my work schedule, I have learned to cook the meat for dinner at night. Generally, I follow that same principle for Saturday and Sunday. Last night, I put the chicken in the crock pot. Woke up at 530a only to discover I forgot to turn on the crock pot.

2. Arizona does not honor daylight savings time. What does that mean? Well, we do not spring forward like the majority of the country will this weekend. (There are other areas of the country that do not honor this principle either.)

For those in the eastern time zone, the time difference becomes three (3) hours. I.e., 10a in Detroit is 7a in Phoenix.

For those in the central time zone, the time difference becomes two (2) hours. I.e., 9a in Chicago is 7a in Phoenix.

Why is this important? Because inevitably, someone will call me at 0-dark thirty hours not realizing the time difference. Even though I am publishing this information on the world wide web, I guarantee you, someone will call me at a ridiculously earlier hour and then apologize for doing so. It's all good. I will still love you. I will not converse with you at that hour but I will still love you. ((smile))

No comments: