Sunday, July 01, 2007

It's True!

Black people can tan.

For years, I have teased my white friends about sitting out in the sun, flipping over like a flap jack, to get a tan. I have one friend who would go to the tanning booth everyday at lunch time. I use to tease her that she was as dark as me.

When asked if black people tan, I would reply, "No black people don't tan. We are already dark. Why would we sit out in the sun to get darker?"

But to my surprise, we do tan. I took NyCee to the pool and when I returned home and removed my suit, this is what I saw:


I had a tan. It's gone now. That's probably why my friend would get a "fake bake" everyday because the tan doesn't last long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your tan lines!I heard your friend has accepted her fate as a white girl and has given up on going tanning everyday at lunch. She's down to only once a week and now has a healthy glow about her, she will no longer pass for your sister. :-(