Friday, May 16, 2008

A Blessed Reminder

Jesus told us in Matthew 6:25, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?"

26. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

30. "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

Last week I was a little down in the dumps. Which I have realized is okay but it is not okay to stay there. We have all heard of the devastating weather effects over the past month: cyclones, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. My heart aches for those individuals who have been touched by the catastrophes and I realized I am truly, truly blessed.

I received a package from a dear friend which contained over 200 size 2 diapers for Tyler. Why is that a big deal you ask? Because I was just thinking that I needed some money to buy Tyler more diapers. He has over 100 size 1 diapers left but he has grown so fast that they are too small. (You can only imagine how uncomfortable he must have been in those too small diapers. I think of it like wearing underwear two sizes too small.) My friend lives in another state and I never told anyone that I needed the diapers. Yet, God provided. Along with the diapers there were other items needed as well.

God is amazing. So, if He (God) provided diapers for my son when he needed them, will He not provide a job and a home for me and my children?

No comments: