Thursday, May 29, 2008

Novel Notion

While visiting last weekend, Trish asked why I allowed Tyler to take a late evening nap, only to wake him up to give him a bath and put him back in the bed. So, I began to ponder that question and watch his pattern. Generally, he falls asleep around 7p and I would let him sleep until about 9p and then wake him up. Around 1030p, he was given his evening bath and then he would go back to sleep around 11p.

Well, the other day, he didn't take an evening nap. He was wide awake watching mommy tackle her research project. Then, around 630p he began dozing off. I decided instead of letting him take a nap, why not just keep him up, give him a bath, and put him in the bed at 8p along with his sister? Now, I know he will not sleep uninterrupted through the night but by the time he wakes up around 1030p or 11p, I have made substantial progress with my school work and I am ready for bed so it's easy to put him back to sleep.

And bonus: I get a shower that is longer than 2 minutes. I am really getting the hang of this single mommy of two thing! HA! HA!

No comments: