Thursday, May 01, 2008

5 Minutes Please, Just 5 Minutes

Who knew trying to take a shower in the morning would be so hectic? This morning Tyler decided to wake up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5:21a. By doing so, he cut into my final hour of sleep before I get up and get myself ready. In theory, if I get up about 630a, then I have about 30 minutes to myself before the kids rise and shine. Note: I said in theory.

Lately, NyCee has been waking up at 645a or so and joining me in the bathroom exclaiming, "Mommy. Naked. Naked" which is followed by hysterical laughter. Tyler then begins to whimper and whine as he wakes up. All the while, I am standing in the bathroom with toothpaste dripping down my arm as I try to brush my teeth and at least wash my face.

It's only been two weeks. I am sure I will get the hang of things soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing AWESOME to be doing this alone! As I have said many times before you are one of the strongest women I know.

Love ~ Allie