Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Switch

While in diapers, NyCee was very good about telling me she had to potty beforehand. Each time she was successful, she would exclaim, "I did it! Mommy, all finish." So I made the switch to pull-ups.

While in pull-ups, NyCee made no effort to tell me she had to potty. I would take her to the potty every hour and she would just sit there and stare. Of course, her pull up would be wet.


So I made the switch to big girl panties thinking that if she feels the wetness, she will be more inclined to tell me she has to potty. I explained that because she is a big girl and was doing so well telling mommy that she had to potty, she was being rewarded with big girl panties. Oh, she just pranced around in her panties (they are the terrycloth panties and I cover them with the plastic bottoms) ever so proudly.

Well, during all that prancing around she neglected to tell me that she had to potty. So within a matter of an hour and a half, she managed to go through 3 pairs of big girl panties. I think I need a book on how to potty train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHE IS GETTING BIG AND PRETTY, MORE AND MORE EACH DAY! HER DADDY!