Saturday, June 06, 2009

Already this morning....

Generally, on Friday nights I comb NyCee's hair for the week. That didn't happen yesterday as I was exhausted. Bright and early this morning, NyCee walked into my room exclaiming, "Mommy, I'm hungry." Bright and early in Arizona is approximately 530a. I sent her back to bed.

Then around 600a when it was really bright outside, she called my name saying, "Mommy, the sun is out." So I pulled myself out of the bed and the day began. Breakfast for NyCee, a kitchen to clean, clothes to wash, floors to vacuum, bathrooms to clean, etc, etc, etc. It is 1000a and I am exhausted.

I still have clothes to iron for the week, dinner to cook for Sunday, in theory, NyCee's hair needs to be combed but that won't happen today, and I have to work in the nursery tonight at church. Not to mention, I have not been grocery shopping yet.

Now imagine, this is a Saturday day morning. Monday - Friday starts for me around 445a or 500a. Kids to dress, off to the sitter, drive to work. Work for 9 hours, pick up the kids, get home to give them dinner, baths and bedtime stories. Then I have approximately two (2) hours to cook dinner for the following evening and work on any personal projects.

Some days I just want to curl up and cry I am so exhausted. And some days I do cry. But I cry out to God in faith knowing He carries me through every situation.

"Christ gives me the strength to face anything."
Philippians 4:13 (Contemporary English Version)

No comments: