Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time Together

Initially, I requested a few days off of work to travel back east to spend time with my dad for Father's Day. It was going to be a surprise as I had been working with my sister Tarisa to pull it off. Well, I wasn't able to go to Michigan but I decided to still take the days to spend with the kids.

Usually, it's rush to pick them up, rush to get them home, rush to eat dinner, rush to read a bedtime story, and rush them to bed so that I can rush to cook dinner, wash a load of clothes, etc.

We just took it easy over the past few days. Yesterday morning, we visited one of the parks by our apartment. I took these pictures just to give a different view of the Phoenix area. Most people think its just cactus and red rock. But there are beautifully landscaped areas and man made lake beds.

This is Freestone Park. I generally take the kids there to let them run around and burn off some energy. After the park, my intent was to take them to the Children's Museum. That didn't happen as mommy grew lazy after lunch and nap time. Instead, I watched several hours of America's Next Top Model Obsessed. (I generally do not watch television and yesterday I probably watched enough for a month.)

Today we went to the zoo. The kids loved the zoo. NyCee has been so much with Lorie and her kids that she started telling me where the animals were located. Before we left, we stopped at the splash play area.

Bubba was soaked as he constantly walked through the sprinklers. He had so much fun.

Of course, I was hoping they would have stayed awake until we made it home....

but that didn't happen.

No comments: