Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ghetto Rigged

Before my son gained his upward mobility skills (walking), I kept saying I needed to get a gate for the kitchen area. He likes to play in the cabinets. Although, I have stopped him from doing that, he often times walks in there while I am cooking. Today, he almost touched the oven door to brace himself but started whinning because he felt the heat.

So I had to come up with a creative way to keep him out of the kitchen. When you have to pinch every penny, the creative juices start flowing. Isn't there a saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention?"

Tyler grew a little frustrated when he couldn't move the chairs out of his way.

NyCee then came and asked, "Mom, whatcha doing? I can't get pass." I explained to her the purpose of the chairs. She then sat on the legs of the chair to prevent Bubba from coming into the kitchen. As you can see, he didn't take to kindly to her sitting in his way. He grabbed her shirt to try and pull her out of the way.

All that rough-housing must have tired out both of them.


Psalm 23 (Contemporary English Version)

(A psalm by David.)
The Good Shepherd
1You, LORD, are my shepherd.
I will never be in need.

2You let me rest in fields

of green grass.

You lead me to streams

of peaceful water,

3and you refresh my life.

You are true to your name,

and you lead me

along the right paths.

4I may walk through valleys

as dark as death,

but I won't be afraid.

You are with me,

and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe.

5You treat me to a feast,

while my enemies watch.

You honor me as your guest,

and you fill my cup

until it overflows.

6Your kindness and love

will always be with me

each day of my life,

and I will live forever

in your house, LORD.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

With Sara's little baby, we do the same thing with chairs, blocking him from going up the stairs. Thanks for asking people to pray.