Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of a Decade

WOW! 365 days have passed again; coupled with 10 years.

This year has been filled with both joys and sorrows. One cousin had a baby and another cousin went home to be with Jesus.

I started my doctoral program and secured an adjunct faculty position.

Tyler is busy and growing.

NyCee is big and inquisitive.

So much in my life has changed for the positive. I have the privilege of living where I want to live. I have a great church with wonderful friends. I have the honor of serving Pastor Dionne Arceneaux as she oversees six (6) ministries which has contributed to my spiritual growth.

This night closes not only a year but a decade. During this decade, I got married, had two children, got divorced, completed two (2) college degrees, moved back home to Phoenix, began working on a doctorate degree and secured a faculty position. Amazing how much can be squeezed into such a small spans of time.

I am looking forward to 2010 with great expectation. As you close out this night and decade, set high expectations for the new year. Break out of routine. Kick mundane to the curb. Life is meant to be enjoyed. It took me way too long to figure that out. I embrace everyday with high expectation. Prayers will be manifested. Doors will be opened. Spiritual knowledge will increase.

Happy Exciting, Prosperous, Blessed New Year!


3 “ I have declared the former things from the beginning;
They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it.
Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass."

Isaiah 48:3

1 comment:

Tarisa said...

Beautiful!!!