Friday, December 04, 2009

Exciting, Exciting, Exciting

So today, I had an interview for an adjunct faculty position and was offered the job. I am so excited. It is for an online teaching position. Although I have not taught collegiate level courses, being an online student played to my advantage. I understand the challenges of being a working adult student.

The beauty of this, classes are 8 weeks long and I will only teach 3 courses a year because the school does not offer a summer session. That is perfect because I do not want to be overwhelmed. The purpose of the job is two-fold: 1) My experience has to match or should closely match my level of education. Therefore, by the time I graduate, I will have enough teaching experience where I can easily transition to full-time faculty. Additionally, with a terminal degree, I will be able to teach courses on any level.
2)With the 2nd job, I can be completely debt free in 24 months. Including my student loans. That is awesome!

Now, I know people are going to attempt to worry about me and wonder if I am getting any rest. Actually, do you know I have had some of the best sleep in the past week than I have had in a long time? I do not allow myself to get stressed out. I am very good about monitoring my time.

And yes, I have a personal life. I hang out on Saturdays with friends (no man yet Grandma Martha - soon - hahahahaha). But I have a well balanced life.

Well, that is the update for this week. We have a busy day tomorrow.

No comments: