Saturday, December 26, 2009

Replacement

Earlier today, Tyler lost his Thomas the train inside the Fry's grocery market. Like any good mother, I attempted to retrace my steps in an effort to find it. Because I was talking on the phone, I didn't hear it drop. Normally, he would whine until I picked it up but he was engrossed in the box of cereal just placed in the basket.

Tonight, again like any good mother, I went to Target in an attempt to purchase another Thomas the train. I didn't want the whole set because he doesn't play with the tracks. I just wanted the train. But nothing, nada, zilch. So, I had a God-idea. Let's get him a McQueen car and see how he likes it.


From the looks of things, I think we can all agree this was a good choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna! I am so sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blog! I just haven't been getting on the internet lately like I used to! It looks like you and the kids had a wonderful Christmas! And in case I haven't said it to you before...I am so proud of you! I think you are a very courageous young woman! Not only are you in the throes of raising two children alone, but you are raising them alone away from all of your family support (personal, day to day). I mean I know you always have someone to talk to, but it's nothing like being able to go to a loved ones home and have that personal contact! I also admire your faith! You are a strong, spiritual sister! And I agree with all you said and believe, the Lord is blessing you and will continue to do so! I love you with all my heart and I pray that this year will see you and your children receiving God's choicest blessings! Have a blessed New Year!

Love you much, Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

P.S.: I love all the pics! Still not enough of you though (smile!)