Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Afternoon Showers



Today, NyCee and I decided to go to the pool. Yesterday, we attempted this but discovered that we needed a key for the gate. I have lived in my house for over one year and had never been to the pool. (Partly because I spent last summer in a funk.)

Well, after acquiring the key we walked over to the pool this afternoon. Lewis even joined us. As we were walking, our neighbor and his children began their stroll to the pool. We were not there 5 minutes when the sky opened and buckets of rain poured out of the clouds. We had to cut through yards to get home to avoid more of a downpour.

Of course, now, the sun has returned to the sky as if it never rained. Maybe we will try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were going to get wet in the pool. If there was no lighting you could have stay in the pool, you would have been safe. You were already wet.
Grand dad

Undomestic said...

I don't know how you do Nycee's hair. I can hardly get two pigtails in Ella's hair with all her fussing. All those braids in Nycee's is QUITE an accomplishment!