Saturday, June 02, 2007

"What'cha Haulin'?"

Lewis, NyCee, & I left Phoenix, AZ this morning on our way back to Atlanta. My first thought was to chronicle our road trip but then I realized, not everyone appreciates the desert like I do and no one wants to see three days of blogs which displays scenery like this:

And again, just rock and catcus.

I grew bored. So I dished that idea.

My favorite part of the evening was when Lewis reached a border patrol stop in the middle of Po'dunk, TX (I don't know where we were exactly so I came up with that name.) The custom's agent stopped the car because he was driving a moving truck and pulling the Ford Explorer on an autotransport. (Sorry for the dark photo. It is just to enhance the story.)

The agent asked,"What'cha hauling?" Lewis replied, "Furniture and the truck." "Okay," replied the agent. And he let us go. I laughed at the question because it was ridiculous. What was Lewis suppose to say? "Oh, we are transporting 15 pounds of heroin, 6 pounds of crack, 8 pounds of meth, and for kicks we thought we would sneak a couple of illegal aliens across the New Mexico/Texas border to work in our sweatshop that we are opening in Atlanta."

Personally, I sleep better at night knowing that our borders are so closely guarded by stellar agents such as the one we encountered this afternoon. What a wonderful use of our tax dollars, eh?

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Okay, I am so confused! Were you living in Phoenix? Are you not living there now? Please explain!!!