Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Common Sense: When will I ever get some?

Not 24 hours ago, I had a conversation with my grandfather about how I lack common sense. Some people would take offense to that statement but not me because it is true. I can grasp the most complex ideals but have trouble with simplicity. Take this evening for example.

In less than 24 hours, I have to submit 1 of 2 twelve page papers. (As for the second one, I have not put word on page or done any research--that one is not due until Sunday at 1159 pm eastern time--I have plenty of time.) The one being referenced is due no later than 800pm eastern time on June 6, 2007 which is approximately 18 hours from the time of this blog entry and because I failed to save the file, I managed to delete all the contents of the paper that I had been working on for the past 5 hours.

Of course, that has not been 5 uninterrupted hours. Why would I have five uninterrupted hours when I have a 14 month old and a 37 year old running around the house playing, laughing, and chasing each other? Why would I save the file? Computers don't crash! Batteries to laptops don't die! 14 month olds do not want to sit on their mother's lap and help her type the paper and press keys that mother didn't want pressed! No! None of these things happen.

Well, even if these things did happen, had I used some of that "common sense" that my grandfather spoke about earlier today, I would not be starting my paper over from scratch.

3 comments:

Undomestic said...

Oh no! Good luck getting it finished!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nycee, Dana, and Lewis
how are you Miss you, love you
Elyce

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you doing ?
I read your blog it is nice
Philyce