Friday, June 08, 2007

Dinner Time Theatre: Starring NyCee Thompson

NyCee is gaining more independence everyday. The latest challenge has been to get her to eat with utensils. If I put the food on the fork and attempt to feed it to her, she shuts her lips tightly and refuses to open them. However, if I place the food on her tray table she will gladly eat it.

During dinner, she often entertains us with her antics of pulling her bib over her head and attempting to play peek-a-boo. Although she is playing peek-a-boo, she will let you know when she wants more food on her tray by pointing.

When she is done, she takes the bib off, raises her arms to be lifted out of the seat. And if you don't respond fast enough for her, she will attempt to get out of the chair on her own.


She is truly the star of her own show. I just wish she would use the utensils that I bought for her. I don't want people thinking I am raising a wild child.

No comments: